The Columbus Green Energy Challenge Participants have reduced energy usage by over 20% in the past year. The Challenge is a free, voluntary program that helps make achieving energy efficiency as easy as possible, from start to finish.
Incentives and Benefits
The Columbus Green Energy Challenge benefits the participants and the community as a whole. Below are a few of these benefits:
- Energy consumption data will lead to greater decision-making, transparency, and more accurate targets for reduction.
- Analysis of utility data will lead to the cost-effective prioritization of energy-saving projects; decision makers get the best “bang for their buck”.
- Verifying this data will identify utility billing errors or possible failures with mechanical equipment.
- Reduced maintenance costs, increased quality, productivity, and safety.
Joining The Energy Challenge
Energy efficiency remains one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to cut energy use. Taking the challenge studies show that there’s a chance to cut your original energy performance by 7%. Take a look at the scoring rubric to get a good idea of what to expect on this challenge.
Green Energy Challenge Goals
Columbus is driven toward designing an energy upgrade for a school facility in their community that will also include the design of a small-scale solar power system that will serve as a teaching and learning tool for students. Other goals include:
Creating an annual event that will engage NECA Student Chapters members in a rewarding educational experience in electrical and energy services contracting.
Challenging Student Chapter teams to develop technical skills vital to careers in electrical construction and professional skills in time management, oral, and written communication.
- Providing a mechanism for NECA Student Chapters to create interest in chapter membership and in careers in electrical construction at their university.
The Columbus green community is growing daily and currently has almost 14,000 current members consisting of households, businesses, organizations, and community groups, leading toward a greener, more sustainable future.
Are you interested in sustainable junk removal?
Give Frog Hauling a call at 614-258-FROG.