Has clutter turned your home from a tranquil place of rest to complete chaos? You don’t have to live in disorder! The path to a neater, more organized home could be five steps away…
Five Steps Toward Decluttering
1. Get A Game Plan:
Before you can tackle a big decluttering project it’s best to have a plan of action in place. Having it in writing is even better because it will make you more accountable and likely lead to a more successful project.
2. Sort Your Items:
Organizing your home can seem overwhelming at first, but sorting into groups such as “keep”, “donate”, and “toss” can simplify the job. Have large boxes labeled accordingly in each room you tackle and sort away! At the end of the room you can then easily distribute each box where it needs to go (trash can, donation center, or stored back in your home).
3. Find A Place For Everything:
Once you decide what you are going to keep and get rid of what you don’t want, then be sure everything has a place. It is much easier to find things when you need them when they are always in the same spot. Labeling storage containers can maintain a calm and organized state in your home for a long time to come.
4. Maintain a System to Stay Organized:
Once you have gone through the often tedious process of organizing and decluttering your home, you will want to maintain all of that hard work. Create a system the whole family knows to always return things to their proper places. Have a small box in a common area like the kitchen or garage for the family to toss items that they no longer want or need rather than having those items re-clutter your home. Once a month take the box either to a donation center or dispose what cannot be donated. Also, just a quick 10 minutes or so a week patrolling your home and picking up the clutter will go a long way.
5. Purge What You Don’t Want:
A whole-house cleanout can be a huge undertaking. If you haven’t done this in a long time (or ever) it is likely to produce a LOT of junk.
Filling a roll-off dumpster container and having Frog Hauling transport the contents to another location can make this tidying step the easiest of all 5.
We can provide the appropriate size dumpster for your job, deliver it for you to fill at a time that is convenient for you, and you can then load your items and we will transport your items to a new location. Your job is to fill it and we will transport it—that includes sorting it to determine what can be donated or recycled and what can be taken to the landfill. It’s as simple as that!
Other Decluttering Tips To Consider
By following these five easy steps you can be on your way to a more orderly, tranquil home. Here are a few other helpful tips to consider when tackling a home organization project:
- Set specific times to complete the project. Set aside a set amount of time for each room in your house. Building time into your busy schedule will make you more likely to complete it.
- Prioritize your rooms. Maybe the kids’ bedrooms need the most work or perhaps it is the kitchen. Prioritize the rooms you want to declutter in order to be sure the worst of the worst gets done first. Also, taking it one room at a time makes the job more manageable.
- Build in some time for setbacks. When you start decluttering you may find other odds and ends that need to be fixed in the process. For example, you may have never noticed the stain on the carpet because there was a pile of clothes perpetually covering it. Know that whatever time you set aside for the job will probably be extended along the way, so plan accordingly.
Frog Hauling will help you with the job of decluttering your home as simple as dialing: (614) 258-3764.